From the Preface:
This book is about the relationship between what psychologists are discovering and what Christians believe. Unlike most other books on psychology and religion, this one is not primarily concerned with what psychologists have said about religion, with the speculations of personality theorists, or with a Christian approach to counseling. Rather, it identifies major insights regarding human nature that college and university students will encounter in a basic psychology course and ponders how the resulting human image connects with Christian belief.
With students' needs in mind, we have written short essays on many of the big issues in psychology and religion and arranged them to correspond with the sequence of topics often studied in a first course on psychology.
PART 1: Introduction
1. Lessons from the Past: Science and Christian Faith
2. Levels of Explanation
3. Should There Be a Christian Psychology?
PART 2: Biological Bases of Behavior
4. The Brain-Mind Connection
5. Biblical Images of Human Nature
6. Evolutionary Psychology and Human Uniqueness
PART 3: Human Development
7. On Living Peaceably with the Mysteries of the Faith
8. How Much Credit (and Blame) Do Parents Deserve?
9. Finding Your Path On The Journey of Life
PART 4: Sensation and Perception
10. The Mystery of the Ordinary
11. Through the Eyes of Faith
PART 5: States of Awareness
12. The Day of Rest
PART 6: Learning
13. Are We Determined or Free?
PART 7: Memory
14. Memorable Messages
PART 8: Thinking and Language
15. To Err is Human
16. Superstition and Prayer
17. Science and the New Spirituality
18. Watch Your Language
PART 9: Intelligence
19. You Are Gifted
PART 10: Motivation
20. To Accept or to Change?
21. And God Said, It Is Very Good
22. Forgiveness: What It Takes and What It Gives
PART 11: Emotion
23. Wealth, Well-Being, and the New American Dream
24. This Way to Happiness
PART 12: Personality
25. A New Look at Pride
26. The Power of Positive Thinking
PART 13: Psychological Disorders
27. Is Christianity Beneficial or Hazardous to Your Mental Health?
PART 14: Therapy
28. Values in Psychotherapy
PART 15: Social Psychology
29. Nice People and Evildoers
30. Behavior and Attitudes
31. Action and Faith
32. The Fruit of the Spirit
PART 16: Conclusion
33. The Psychology of Religion
Buy the book from amazon.com.